Auto Repair Marketing You Can’t Sell An $800 Brake Job To A $50 Pocket. Translation: Low income customers are killing you.
Simply calculate the average repair order. That will tell you instantly if you are getting high income or low income customers from your auto repair marketing direct mail.
Are you doing typical Car Count Marketing? In other words, sending out large numbers of low cost auto repair marketing postcards. Postcards slathered with low cost coupons. Sent through carrier route saturation or coupon packet mailers.
Sure there are a few exceptions to the rule. But this type of auto repair marketing usually attracts a majority of low income customers. Such customers are coming in simply for the low priced oil change. And you can’t up-sell them even on critical safety repairs.
What is Car Count Marketing? It is the basic strategy of throwing lots of mud on the wall, to see what sticks. It is a plan to attract large numbers of unspecified cars to your shop. When you do carrier route saturation or income level auto repair marketing, you never know who or what your auto repair marketing will bring in.
This is the shotgun approach. A strategy where you never quite know what kind of customer you will get. You won’t even know what cars they will be driving, or even if you want to work on some of those cars.
With Car Count Marketing – You will usually find auto repair marketing postcards:
- That are flimsy with mediocre design (like every other shop).
- Designed with 4 to 8 low cost coupons (like every other shop).
- Then, when these auto repair marketing postcards come in, all you can do is HOPE that some of them will be high income customers so you can make a little money off this auto repair marketing program (like every other shop).
- And, since every other shop in town is doing exactly the same type of cheap, general appeal, auto repair marketing direct mail, there is nothing special to separate your shop from all the others.
What’s the typical response from car count marketing?
- Lots of low income customers.
- Lots of busy work.
- Low RO average.
- Many of them simply a loss – which brings down your overall RO average, even with the high paying customers.
What’s The Usual Conversation With The Marketing Company That Sells You Car Count Marketing?
- “Increased Car Count”
- “Low Cost Per Card Mailed”.
- No discussion about high income customers or fine cars.
- Just higher counts of unspecified cars at a low price.
- “How come my RO average isn’t going up?”
SORRY FOLKS. THE GOAL AND PURPOSE OF AUTO REPAIR MARKETING IS NOT TO SEE HOW CHEAPLY YOU CAN SEND OUT LOADS OF AUTO REPAIR MARKETING POSTCARDS. Your goal and purpose is to drag in as many fine car high income customers as you can get. THE ONLY GOAL IS – TO SIGNIFICANTLY INCREASE YOUR INCOME!
AND WHAT ABOUT THIS! Is your current auto repair marketing company giving you EXCLUSIVITY in your auto repair marketing area?
Or are they working with 2 or 3 of your direct competitors sending their cards (that look a lot like your cards) to exactly the same homes as yours. This could cut your response rates in half or to a third of what you thought you were going to get!? Ask them about exclusivity. Find out if you are getting it.
So – The Only Advantage Of Car Count Marketing Is – It’s Cheap. Yes, it may be cheap to purchase, but you may find it the most expensive form of auto repair marketing you ever bought. Why? Because of the large numbers of low income customers.
Let’s think this one through a little to see how it really effects you.
This Form Of Shotgun Auto Repair Marketing Direct Mail Postcards May Appear To Be Cheap…
BUT IT’S THE WEEDING PROCESS THAT KILLS YOU! HERE’S WHY.
- Once you have these low income customers in your shop you have to check them in at the counter.
- You have to do the cheap oil change.
- Then you have to do the car inspection.
- Then you get them to the counter to sell them critically needed service and repairs.
- But they don’t purchase anything else from you.
- They have tied up your service counter, bays and technicians with no additional income.
- They are even taking up productive time that makes your high paying customers have to wait for service.
- Not to mention the aggravation upon your employees doing all that extra work for no gain in pay.
- Multiply that by 5 to 10 times per day then ask the question again?
Just how cheap did they say this auto repair marketing direct mail was?
THAT’S NOT THE RIGHT WAY TO DO THINGS!
- THE WEEDING PROCESS SHOULD NOT BE DONE IN YOUR SHOP!!
- IT SHOULD BE DONE BY YOUR AUTO REPAIR MARKETING DIRECT MAIL BEFORE ANYONE COMES TO YOUR SHOP. NOT BY YOUR VALUABLE, HIGHLY PAID STAFF!
When you target your auto repair marketing by car make and high class design, you actually attract the high income customer, but repel the low income customer at the same time. What does that do? Keeps you and your employees from having to do the very costly weeding process in the shop!
Well thought out and strategized auto repair marketing can perform multiple tasks at the same time. That Is The Best Of All Worlds! Auto repair marketing that works for you, rather than you having to work harder, with less pay, because of it.
SO – How Can I Bring In High Income Customers? By switching from Car Count Marketing -TO- Car Make Marketing! Auto Repair Marketing direct mail that captures car owners based on make, model and year of car.
SO WHY IS CAR MAKE MARKETING BETTER?
- Because you can select the cars you love to work on.
- The cars you have the diagnostic tools for.
- The cars you know and can repair the fastest.
- The cars you make the most money on.
- The cars that – just by the nature of what they are and what they stand for – you know they have an owner that wants to keep that car running to perfection. And has the money to do it.
- A car owner that is willing to pay well for your services because they love their car!
- A car owner who has enough money to be a loyal customer and come back at full price for years to come.
No more blind targeting by saturation or income mailings. You will know exactly what cars will be coming through your door. Listen to Mr. Kranitz below. He knows.
An 8 year client in Boca Raton Florida, talks about the Ad-Card auto repair marketing direct mail marketing program. They have three locations. Two in Boca Raton and one in Aventura Florida. They have been a DMV List customer as well. Getting all their auto repair marketing direct mail leads from the DMV direct mail mailing list.
SIDE NOTE: Customer loyalty does not happen because you treated the new customer right. Customer retention happens because you treated them right -AND MOST IMPORTANT- they have the money to come back and pay full price for your services.
Customer income is the most important, but most overlooked, reason why a new customer will or will not come back to you and pay full price. The low income customer cannot afford to come back to pay full price – so they keep chasing coupons. Only auto repair marketing that brings in the high income customer can help you increase your retention rate! LEARN HOW TO BEAT THIS GAME – CLICK HERE.
Find Out More On Our Web Site. BUT ALWAYS – ALWAYS REMEMBER THIS: Auto repair marketing is not an exercise in finding the cheapest direct mail postcards to get your name out there.
Rather, it is the proper execution of getting large numbers of fine car, high income customers to trust you enough to give you a try.
That requires a selective mailing list that goes to high income customers only (by car make and year) and a class presentation on your auto repair marketing postcard.
Car Count Marketing looks only at up front price. Car Count Marketing shows little consideration for your income goals. It looks only at a cheap up front price that will drag in large numbers of unspecified cars. The only hope you can have with this type of program is – – – maybe we’ll get a few good customers out of it too!
On The Other Hand – Car Make Marketing looks only at the right car, with the right owner, walking into your shop with their fine car and money in their pocket. That is the only form of auto repair marketing that does take into consideration your income goals.
Yes, our program costs more per card. But it is being sent to and brings in only fine car high income customers. It also weeds out the “Oil Change Only” customers for you. THAT IN ITSELF IS REVOLUTIONARY! What other auto repair marketing program can offer you a target market of such large numbers of fine cars owners at one time. Everyone on your auto repair mailing list is a winner!
And since when did you not have to pay more for something significantly better? That’s why you aren’t using a bubble balancer anymore. All auto repair marketing is not the same!
Give us a call and let us show you what we can do to help you reach your income goals. 800-428-0286 THERE ARE NO SECRETS TO AUTO REPAIR MARKETING. It is just this simple. Low income customers say no. High income customers say yes. That is the full extent of it. Are You Ready To Move Up?
You need to flip your customer base from 70% low income and 30% high income customers -TO- 30% low income customers and 70% high income customers or more. That is when you begin to see your income goals fulfilled!
Motor Service Marketing Call For Details (800) 428-0286 Hours: 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday – Friday Mailing Address: 16523 Waycreek Rd. Houston, TX 77068 Services include Ad-Card, Auto Repair Marketing, Direct Mail, Web Site Design and SEO, and Auto Repair Articles that we have had rank on the first page just like a new web site.
CALL RIGHT NOW. LET US SHOW YOU EXACTLY HOW MANY OF YOUR FAVORITE CARS YOU HAVE IN YOUR MARKET AREA.
THAT ALONE CAN GET YOU EXCITED!
Call Now – Zed Daniels – 800-428-0286
MOTOR SERVICE MARKETING
Home of the Ad-Card Auto Repair Marketing Direct Mail Program
Call For Details (800) 428-0286
Hours: 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday – Friday
Mailing Address: 16523 Waycreek Rd., Houston, TX 77068
Services include Ad-Card, Auto Repair Advertising, Auto Repair Marketing, Auto Service Marketing, Direct Mail, Web Site Design and SEO, Auto Repair Marketnig Articles